[PVE-User] can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-XXX.conf' - got timeout

dorsy dorsyka at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 13:31:03 CET 2024

It is not a bug, but a feature.
If You have any pending tasks (backup/snapshot/shutdown/whatever in
progress) or You have a split in Your cluster the VM gets locked, so no
other tasks/modifications could be made.
see:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/trying-to-aquire-lock-task-error-cant-lock-file-var-lock-qemu-server.16235/
(and I guess many other threads)