[PVE-User] ZFS-8000-8A on a non-system disk. How to do?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Nov 13 21:28:35 CET 2023

Mandi! Stefan
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I assume you already have ruled out flaky hardware? (Bad cable, RAM). If so repairing is not possible. You can theoretically bypass the backup/destroy/restore way but why?
> You have three faulty drives that need to be replaced anyway. That operation + identifying the failed file(s) takes much longer than just copy back from backup.

...the strange thing is that seems that hardware is not 'flaky' at all...
i've received NO warning about disk/ram/... error in logs, that i constantly
monitor via logcheck.

More on next answer.

--
  Consolatevi! Sul sito http://www.sorryeverybody.com migliaia di americani
  chiedono scusa al mondo per la rielezione di Bush.	(da Cacao Elefante)