[PVE-User] vGPU scheduling

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu May 25 09:36:07 CEST 2023

Hi Dominik,

El 25/5/23 a las 9:24, Dominik Csapak escribió:

>>     2.12.0 (qemu-kvm-2.12.0-64.el8.2.27782638)
>>   * Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V 2019 Datacenter edition
>>   * Red Hat Enterprise Linux Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) 9.0
>> and 9.1
>>   * Red Hat Virtualization 4.3
>>   * Ubuntu Hypervisor 22.04
>>   * VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.0.3
>>
>> Is there any effort planned or on the way to have Proxmox added to
>> the above list?
>
> We'd generally like to be on the supported hypervisor list, but currently
> none of our efforts to contact NVIDIA regarding this were successful,
> but i hope we can solve this sometime in the future...

I can try to report this via customer request to nvidia, where should I
refer them to?

>> As Ubuntu 22.04 is in it and the Proxmox kernel is derived from it,
>> the technical effort may not be so large.
>
> Yes, their current Linux KVM package (15.2) should work with our 5.15
> kernel,
> it's what i use here locally to test, e.g. [0]

We had varying success with 5.15 kernels, some versions work but others
do not (refused to work after kernel upgrade and had to pin older
kernel). Maybe it would be worth to keep a list of known to work/known
not to work kernels?

Regards

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 | https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/