[PVE-User] vlan setup at time of host installation

Timo Veith timo.veith at uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Jul 15 22:25:27 CEST 2023

Dear pve users,

I am totally new to pve. Is there a recommended way to setup vlans during the installation of a host? I have found some notes about vlans in the documentation but it only describes some sections in /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn’t say when this should be done. In fact I did one of the proposed methods and I can connect to the management ip address in that vlan but I wonder if it was right how I did it. I installed from the iso, configured some ip because I didn’t find any option for using vlans in the installer and then searched through the documentation. I changed the /etc/network/interfaces and did a reboot. Where after I was able to connect to the ip address that I configured. However in the console I can still read „use blabla ip and port 8006“ which is the ip I used during the installation.

Cheers
Timo