[PVE-User] USB Expansion Card for PCIE Hub passthrough?

Stefan proxmox at qwertz1.com
Thu Aug 31 07:35:48 CEST 2023

In the days I did GPU passthrough I luckily always had a spare onboard USB controller in a separate IOMMU group which could be passed through, so I didn't need a add-on card.

I think you already know the GPU pt Guide from arch wiki? https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

The important thing is that the chip supports reset. So it can end in trial + error if you don't find a well known working device.