[PVE-User] Import OVA, exported from RHV

Timo Veith timo.veith at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 23 14:21:12 CEST 2023

Dear Proxmox Users,

I am trying to import a vm which was exported from a RHV environment. There is a wiki article which describes the process here https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE#RHEV

However, when I do that, I get the following error message:

sm0201:~/ova# qm importovf 101 vm.ovf cephpool01
invalid or missing controller: , skipping

Then I thought I could just try it with the local-lvm and issued:

sm0201:~/ova# qm importovf 101 vm.ovf local-lvm
invalid or missing controller: , skipping
Reserving empty config for OVF import to VM 101 failed: VM 101 already exists on node ‚sm0201'

Switching over to the WebUI I saw that I now have two new VMs. Can somebody tell my what that message „invalid or missing controller ...“ means?

Thanks and greetings
Timo