[PVE-User] EFI partition size

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 17:52:22 CEST 2022

Hello,

it happens several times to me that the EFI partition get full.

I regulary call "apt autoremove" after a kernel upgrade. It keeps at last 3 or
4 kernels (don't remember the count). The kernels/initrd files are in the root
directory of the EFI partition.

In the EFI/proxmox directory there are stored some older kernel/initrd
versions which takes additional space of the EFI partition even if their deb
package is no more installed. Can they be removed (manually/automatically)
without problems ?

If not - the installer always creates a 512 MByte EFI partition when proxmox
is to be installed. Is there a way to tell the installer to reserve more space
for the EFI partition ?

regards
  Petric