[PVE-User] PVE 7.2 - Avago MegaRAID broken?

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon May 30 11:55:51 CEST 2022

Hi,

El 19/5/22 a las 18:50, Eneko Lacunza via pve-user escribió:

> El 19/5/22 a las 18:31, Stoiko Ivanov escribió:
>>
>>> Today we installed PVE 7.1 (ISO) in a relatively old machine.
>> any more details on what kind of machine this is
>> (CPU generation, if it's an older HP/Dell/Supermicro server or
>> consumerhardware)?
>
> The system is in a customer site, but I'll try to gather detailed data
> tomorrow. CPU is a Xeon E or E3, I can't recall exact model right now.
> Server has Asus motherboard; this puts it in consumerserver or
> something like that I guess :-)

System is:

Asus P10S-C BIOS 4402
Xeon E3-1270 v6 3.8

lspci shows card as:
Broadcom / LSI MegaRAID SAS-3 3008 [Fury]

>> Kernel will print lots of messages like
>>
>> "DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3"
>> "DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [02:00.0] fault ???? 4b311000
>> [fault reason 0x06] PTE Readaccess is not set.
>> could you please try (in that order, and until one the suggestions fixes
>> the issue):
>> * adding `iommu=pt` to the kernel cmdline
>> * adding `intel_iommu=off` to the kernel cmdline
>> we have updated the known-issues section of the release-notes to suggest
>> this already after a few similar reports with older hardware/unusual
>> setups in our community forum:
>> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#7.2-known-issues
>
> Ok, I didn't notice those known issues, will check them next time. I
> think I will be unable to try this shortly as system is not local, but
> if I can will report back, thanks.

This fixes the issue (iommu=pt). Thanks a lot for pointing this out.

Regards

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/