[PVE-User] PVE 7.2 unstability

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu May 12 18:35:10 CEST 2022

Hi Alain,

El 12/5/22 a las 17:12, Alain Péan escribió:
> Le 12/05/2022 à 16:57, Eneko Lacunza via pve-user a écrit :
>> Finally we have worked around this issue downgrading to kernel 5.13:
>>
>> apt-get install proxmox-ve=7.1-1; apt-get remove
>> pve-kernel-5.15.35-1-pve (+reboot)
>>
>> No need to downgrade pve-qemu-kvm no qemu-server .
>>
>> Sadly VMs running on kernel 5.15.35-1 will crash on live migration :-(
>

> It is strange, as I don't see anybody saying they saw this problem on
> the forum :
> https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-7-2-released.108970/page-3

I think Bengt Nolin in the first page is reporting something like this.

> Also, I installed a few weeks ago the kernel 3.15.30-1 that was
> available for test on PVE 7.1, on my production servers, that solved
> for me another problem (windows VM not rebooting correctly), and I
> don't see the problem you encountered.
>
> # uname -r
> 5.15.30-1-pve
>
> I will test the upgrade shortly.

Our problem has been a headache in our tests today :) I asure you it is
there, and it is fixed downgrading kernel.

I don't know why it's happening, but VMs' clock seems to broke suddenly
and spectacularly... :)

Nodes have Ryzen CPUs, and storage is Ceph. Network is 10G for
Ceph/migrations, 10G for VMs/cluster.

Cheers

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/