[PVE-User] PVE 7.2 unstability

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Thu May 12 17:12:59 CEST 2022

Le 12/05/2022 à 16:57, Eneko Lacunza via pve-user a écrit :
> Finally we have worked around this issue downgrading to kernel 5.13:
>
> apt-get install proxmox-ve=7.1-1; apt-get remove
> pve-kernel-5.15.35-1-pve (+reboot)
>
> No need to downgrade pve-qemu-kvm no qemu-server .
>
> Sadly VMs running on kernel 5.15.35-1 will crash on live migration :-(

Hi Eneko,

It is strange, as I don't see anybody saying they saw this problem on
the forum :
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-7-2-released.108970/page-3

Also, I installed a few weeks ago the kernel 3.15.30-1 that was
available for test on PVE 7.1, on my production servers, that solved for
me another problem (windows VM not rebooting correctly), and I don't see
the problem you encountered.

# uname -r
5.15.30-1-pve

I will test the upgrade shortly.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)