[PVE-User] openvswitch + bond0 + 2 Fiber interfaces.

Dimitri Alexandris d.alexandris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:03:17 CET 2022

I have Openvswitch bonds working fine for years now, but in older versions
of Proxmox (6.4-4 and 5.3-5):

--------------
auto eno2
iface eno2 inet manual

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet manual

allow-vmbr0 ath
iface ath inet static
address 10.NN.NN.38/26
gateway 10.NN.NN.1
ovs_type OVSIntPort
ovs_bridge vmbr0
ovs_options tag=100
.
.
allow-vmbr0 bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
  ovs_bonds eno1 eno2
  ovs_type OVSBond
  ovs_bridge vmbr0
  ovs_options bond_mode=balance-slb lacp=active
allow-ovs vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
ovs_type OVSBridge
ovs_ports bond0 ath lan dmz_vod ampr
--------

I think now, "allow-vmbr0" and "allow-ovs" are replaced with "auto".

This bond works fine with HP, 3COM, HUAWEI, and MIKROTIK switches.
Several OVSIntPort VLANS are attached to it.
I also had 10G bonds (Intel, Supermicro inter-server links), with the same
result.

I see the only difference with your setup is the bond_mode.  Switch setup
is also very important to match this.