[PVE-User] FreeBSD VM random high CPU/Disk IO

Kris von Mach | Swishmail.com mach at swishmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:54:15 CET 2022

Hi Eneko,

No the VM never runs out of memory and doesn't touch the swap. The
processes that start and deinit are dovecot processes, so they are very
tiny.

pfSense probably doesn't do much Disk IO. So this issue might not show
up. Our low use (atleast disk io wise) servers also run fine.

It's basically as if the Disk IO stalls momentarly and doesn't return to
normal.

And so far it hasn't happened where more than one VM on the same host
experiences this at the same time.