[PVE-User] New Disk on one node of Cluster.

Сергей Цаболов tsabolov at t8.ru
Wed Feb 16 10:24:04 CET 2022

Hi Eneko,

16.02.2022 11:58, Eneko Lacunza пишет:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> El 16/2/22 a las 9:52, Сергей Цаболов escribió:
>>
>> I have 7 node's PVE Cluster + Ceph storage
>>
>> In 7 node I add new 2 disks and want to make specific new osd pool on
>> Ceph.
>>
>> Is possible with new  disk create specific pool ?
>
> You are adding 2 additional disk in each node, right?
No, I add the new disk on node 7, not on each node of cluster.

> You can assign them to a new pool, creating custom crush rules.

Yes this I know how is make new rules

In one node I for test added 2 ssd disk and make the new rules|

|ceph osd crush rule create-replicated replicated_ssd default host ssd
and with this rule I  make new pool vm.ssd

> Why do you want to use those disks for a different pool? What disks do
> you have now, and what disk are the new? (for example, are all HDD or
> SSD...)

I want make new pool with HDD - SAS for specific storage of some Windows
Server VM.

In existing pools :

vm.pool  base pool for VM disks
cephfs_data  some disks and ISO and other datas
vm.ssd   new pool I make from 2 ssd disk

I try to test the Windows Server disk speed for Read/Write and RND4K
Q32T1 with CrystalDiskMark 8.0.4x64

If I configure the VM disk to Sata and SSD emulation,Cache: Write back
and Discard, Speed write/read is very good  something like :

SEQ1M Q8T1 1797.43/1713.07

SEQ1M Q1T1 1790.77/1350.55

but the RND4K Q32T1 and RND4K Q1T1 is not good, very small.

After the test I think if I add 2 new disks,  configure is for specific
pool maybe my speed for  RND4K Q32T1 and RND4K Q1T1 maybe they will get
better

Thank you

> Cheers
>
> Eneko Lacunza
> Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
> Binovo IT Human Project
>
> Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
> Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun
>
> https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
> https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/

Sergey TS
The best Regard