[PVE-User] Old, 32bit, debian and clock drift.

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri Feb 11 12:03:54 CET 2022

PVE 6.4, updated to the latest patch.

I've P2V an old debian squeeze box, 32bit, that have an impressive clock
drift, even if they had 'ntpd' up&running.

I've tried to remove '/etc/adjtime' and reboot, but nothing changed.

The strange thing is i got in logs:

	Feb 10 15:15:37 sdinny kernel: [ 9481.004112] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 63065327 ns)

but:
	sdinny:~# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
	kvm-clock hpet acpi_pm
	sdinny:~# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
	kvm-clock

So 'tsc' is even not listed on clocksources, nor are used.

What i'm missing?! Thanks.

--
  ``... La memoria conta veramente solo se tiene insieme l'impronta del
  presente e il progetto del futuro, se permette di fare senza dimenticare