[PVE-User] Update proxmox

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Thu Feb 10 15:13:45 CET 2022

Le 10/02/2022 à 13:13, David Martin a écrit :
> Thank you for your reply,
> I will first put the system packages if there is not too much adhesion, and
> then update the proxmox packages.
> I use proxmox GUI as much as possible.
> apt-get install --only-upgrade

If I remember correctly, between 5.x and 6.x, there was a major upgrade
of kvm and corosync, which resulted in the disparition of node VMs
during the upgrade, that re-appear only at the end of the upgrade.

And you have a new version of Debian when going from 5.x to 6.x, that
requires changes in Debian repositories, and then again from 6.x to 7.x.

I would think less risky to upgrade first to 6.x, then in a second step,
to 7.x.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)