[PVE-User] PBS datastore

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Mon Feb 7 12:24:53 CET 2022

Thank you Aaron,

this atribut "small" is blocking point ... like you said it is hard to
find sata disk under 250G

I was also thinking about 2 x sata-dom 32G/64G   for zfs boot ? Does it
make any sense (performance/relayibilty-wise?

Ok , today I'm gonna install PBS on 4x2T (disks, not ssds) zfs raid10
and create one new dataset in /rpool  -> /rpool/databck    ...  So , the
PBS itself and datastore will reside on the same pool ...  Then I'll
make some copmarison tests (backup/restore)  and report back some
relevant results  ...  I'd like to avoid PBS on its own pool because
this SuperMicro 721 case has only 4 disk slots , a additional ones (2)
have to be connected directly to MB ...

'till then

BR

Tonci

srdačan pozdrav / best regards

Tonči Stipičević, dipl. ing. elektr.
direktor / manager

SUMA Informatika d.o.o., Badalićeva 27, OIB 93926415263

Podrška / Upravljanje IT sustavima za male i srednje tvrtke
Small & Medium Business IT Support / Management

mob: 091 1234003
www.suma-informatika.hr