[PVE-User] Thin LVM showing more used space than expected

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Wed Dec 28 11:52:23 CET 2022

Le 27/12/2022 à 18:54, Óscar de Arriba a écrit :
> For storage, I'm using a commercial Crucial MX500 SATA SSD connected directly to the motherboard controller (no PCIe HBA for the system+data disk) and it is brand new - and S.M.A.R.T. checks are passing, only 4% of wearout.

Hi Oscar,

Just to be sure, because normally wearout is 100% when the SSD is new,
You are just soustracting, and it is in fact 100-4 = 96% ?
My SSDs (Dell mixed use) after some years are still at 99%, so I am
wondering about 4%...

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)