[PVE-User] OfflineUncorrectableSector, and now?!

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Dec 12 19:14:28 CET 2022

Hi Marco,

I only get SMART emails when those values change. So if it stays with
value 8, there should be a way to not receive an email (if you're
gettting it now, that is)... I don't think anything was touched for this
in our environment...

Cheers

El 12/12/22 a las 17:07, Marco Gaiarin escribió:
> Mandi! Yannick Palanque
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> I see that it is a Dell SSD. Do you have any contract support? You
>> could ask to their support what they think of it.
> DELL support say that disk is good.
>

> Thre's some way to disable daily SMART email, eg defining that '8 bad sector
> is good'? Clearly without disabling SMART at all...
>

> If i've understood well, 'smartd' send notification using scripts in
> '/etc/smartmontools/run.d/', and particulary:
>
> 	/etc/smartmontools/run.d/10mail
>
> I've to code a custom script?
>

> I've used to have smartd signal disk trouble once, and reading manpages
> seems that this is still the default behaviour...

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/