[PVE-User] rebuilding a cluster node (new root disks (ext4 -> zfs))

Wolf Noble wolf at wolfspyre.com
Fri Apr 15 21:09:31 CEST 2022

Howdy all!

1) i hope you are doing well, and feel appreciated and respected.

2) Im rebuilding my cluster nodes one at a time.
i was hoping there is a guide someplace that enumerated the files on (original root disks) that should be copied over ‘new’ files to allow the newly rebuilt node to join the cluster with ease.

i have a hacky, ugly way, but i’m hoping there’s something a bit more canonical than just my trial and error.

I’ll happily contribute my ‘moving root to zfs’ notes to that doc… if someone could be so kind as to point me in the direction of a clue. :)

TIA!
🐺W

[= The contents of this message have been written, read, processed, erased, sorted, sniffed, compressed, rewritten, misspelled, overcompensated, lost, found, and most importantly delivered entirely with recycled electrons =]