[PVE-User] VM storage and replication

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:38:19 CEST 2021

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 12:32 PM nada <nada at verdnatura.es> wrote:

> hi Alex
> in case you have a limited budget now
> you may do backups local backups but it is not recommended by some cheap
> NAS ASAP
>
> temporal solution:
> 1. create some filesystem LVM/ext4 @node1 and mount at /mnt/backup
> 2. install NFS server @node1 and export /mnt/backup to node2
> 3. install NFS client @node2 and create mountpoint /mnt/backup
> 4. edit fstab @node2 example
>     node1:/mnt/backup      /mnt/backup       nfs
> defaults,noatime,bg     0       2
> 5. mount /mnt/backup
> 6. add directory to your proxmox storage via webGUI
>     or add to /etc/pve/storage.cfg example
>
> dir: backup
>         path /mnt/backup
>         content vztmpl,backup,iso
>
> after this you will have backups accessible at both nodes
> hope it will help you

Hi Nada, Thanx for your feedback.
I will definitely include a NAS into the final setup for exporting the
backups. I was just wondering about how I would sync local backups between
the nodes for an additional local copy and your suggestion seems a nice
work-around to me without adding any other custom scripts.

Nada