[PVE-User] Fwd: [ceph-users] [IMPORTANT NOTICE] Potential data corruption in Pacific

Aaron Lauterer a.lauterer at proxmox.com
Fri Oct 29 13:55:44 CEST 2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I did a test on a freshly installed PVE 7 + Octopus cluster and there the `bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount` was set to true... That's why I updated the upgrade guide [0]. Checking the setting before upgrading and if true, setting it to false, should be okay IIUC.

Once we release a version with a fix we will update the guide again to reflect the new situation.

Thanks!
Aaron

[0] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Octopus_to_Pacific