[PVE-User] Fwd: [ceph-users] [IMPORTANT NOTICE] Potential data corruption in Pacific

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Oct 29 09:41:26 CEST 2021

Hi Alain,

El 28/10/21 a las 19:14, Alain péan escribió:
> Thanks for the warning. I saw the thread on ceph-users mailing list.
> Personnally, I upgraded my clusters from PVE 6.4 to 7.0, but not yet
> from Nautilus to Pacific. I'll wait a bit for this.
>
> Also, I have one cluster (the one in production) that is still with
> filestore OSDs. I was wondering, considering '
> bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount", if it was mandatory to have
> bluestore OSDs on Pacific.
>
> Personnally, when I see that you have to manually destroy your OSDs
> one after the other, then recreate it as bluestore, I am a bit
> reluctant to do the upgrade...

It is not mandatory. Both clusters we have upgraded to Pacific have yet
some filestore OSDs. We'll keep them as long as possible due to the good
burst performance that filestore gives with SSD journal, as it will be
no more with Bluestore.

Cheers!

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 | https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/