[PVE-User] proxmox 2-node cluster - PVE install in VM as 3rd "quorum" node ?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Mar 11 19:49:46 CET 2021

Hi,

On 10.03.21 22:48, Roland wrote:
> what would you prefer for a 3rd node in a 2-node server scenario at a
> branch office location ?
>
> 1. proxmox pve install in a virtual machine located on a 3rd server (
> which is already there for special purpose. no VM will run there as
> there is no virtualization when installed as guest)

would really avoid that coupling at all cost.

> 2. proxmox pve install on a thin client with AMD G-Series APU//

can work.

> 3. qdevice daemon on raspberry pi

can work.

> i would probably prefer 1. as a virtual machine is the moest easy to
> setup and most generic approach for me, especially that VM is getting
> backup...

If you want to go the VM way, why not setup the QDevice daemon in there?
That is avoiding full cluster comunication and suggesting the PVE cluster that
this is a full blown node but actually uses it as what it is: a vote arbiter,
and that's exactly what QDevices are designed for.

cheers,
Thomas