PBS - feature request - usage by VM

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Mar 11 09:38:42 CET 2021

Dear developers,

I'm looking to start using PBS as our main backup system for Proxmox,
instead of the good-old-space-hungry vzdump. :-)

During inspection of our test PBS backups, I missed some info about the
effective use of datastore for each of the backed up VMs. I know it
isn't straightforward to show due to the way PBS works, but even an
approximate usage would be good (i.e. chunks shared between different
VMs counted as usage for each VM backup total size). Maybe some
calculated value each time a new snapshot is done or after verifying?

Right now only a "size" column is showed, but that's disk size and won't
help much...

Otherwise I'm seeing quite good incremental numbers right know (I wasn't
seeing them initially, maybe PVEs had to be upgraded or something was
fixed later), and the reported restore bug was so fast to check,
reproduce and fix that I can only tell you:

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL WORK.

Regards

--
Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico

Tel. +34 943 569 206 | https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/