[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released!

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 29 10:23:17 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 10:05:44 +0200
Mark Schouten <mark at tuxis.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Op 24-06-2021 om 15:16 schreef Martin Maurer:
> > We are pleased to announce the first beta release of Proxmox Virtual
> > Environment 7.0! The 7.x family is based on the great Debian 11
> > "Bullseye" and comes with a 5.11 kernel, QEMU 6.0, LXC 4.0, OpenZFS 2.0.4.
>
> I just upgraded a node in our demo cluster and all seemed fine. Except
> for non-working cluster network. I was unable to ping the node through
> the cluster interface, pvecm saw no other nodes and ceph was broken.
Thanks for the report - could you provide some details on the upgraded
node? Mostly which NICs are used - but also the complete hardware -setup

(If you prefer you can send me a pvereport to my e-mail)

> However, if I ran tcpdump, ping started working, but not the rest.
quite odd - last time I ran into something like this was with an OpenBSD
router, where the promisc flag did not get passed down to the physical
port of a bridge)

the output of `ip -details a` and `ip -details l` might provide some
insight

> Interesting situation, which I 'fixed' by disabling vlan-aware-bridge
> for that interface. After the reboot, everything works (AFAICS).
Thanks for sharing the mitigation (sadly this won't work for everybody)

> If Proxmox wants to debug this, feel free to reach out to me, I can
> grant you access to this node so you can check it out.

Kind Regards,
stoiko