[PVE-User] Cloud-init don't manage resolv.conf on Debian 10

aderumier at odiso.com aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Jan 21 17:50:38 CET 2021

Le jeudi 21 janvier 2021 à 12:34 -0300, Humberto Jose de Sousa via pve-
user a écrit :
> Hello folks.
>
> I'm trying to use cloud-init in a VM with a fresh install of Debian
> 10. All
> works, except resolv.conf.
>
> Anyone could give a tip?
>
> I'm on the latest proxmox no-subscription. I configured the cloud-
> init
> through a web interface.
> In the VM I installed the cloud-init package. I also tried to install
> the
> resolvconf package, but it did not work.

Hi,

cloud-init write dns config in /etc/network/interfaces.d/cloudinit.cfg.

this is working for ubuntu, because /etc/resolv.conf is not a real
file,
but a symlink manage by resolvconf package (or systemd-resolvd I'm not
sure).

you can try to install "resolvconf" package on debian, it should works