Cannot update backup job via API - PVE 6.3.3

Mariusz Miodowski mariusz at modulesgarden.com
Thu Jan 14 15:25:13 CET 2021

Hello All,

We have noticed problem with latest PVE, when trying to update backup
job via API.

It looks that problem is caused by maxfiles parameter. If we omit it,
everything works fine.

This problem is not only related to our environment,  we have already
got reports from our clients that they also have the same problem.

*Request*:
PUT
https://10.10.11.48:8006/api2/json/cluster/backup/3cb1bee67a58e68ea97db1292a23a22a9ea8d529:1

Array
(
     [vmid] => 8001
     [starttime] => 00:10
     [maxfiles] => 10
     [storage] => local
     [remove] => 1
     [dow] => tue,wed,sat
     [mode] => snapshot
     [compress] => zstd
)

*Response*:
HTTP 500 HTTP/1.1 500 error during cfs-locked 'file-vzdump_cron'
operation: value without key, but schema does not define a default key
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Connection: close