Proxmox

Getachew Mekonnen getche_f at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 21:24:36 CET 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is Getachew from Ethiopia. I'm an IT Expert at public organization and very keen to use Proxmox for my environment. As a beginner, I tried to understand the basic concepts from the official guide and also watched videos.
But, I have some questions which I'm not clear with. My server is Dell Poweredge r730 with 56 GB RAM; and 6 SAS hdds each with 300 GB.
1. My first question is which RAID level (hd) I use?2. How do I use the hard disks, this is to mean, For example I dedicate the one 300 GB hdd for Proxmox, the other for one VM, the other for another VM, or shall I use another arrangement?
Generally, It would be nice if I get a quick start guide for my scenario (In my scenario, I want to create one Windows File Server, One Ubuntu Mail Server (Zimbra), and one Ubuntu Nagios)
I greatly appreciate your time and consideration.
Best regards,

Getachew Mekonnen

Senior IT Expert, PBS Program IT Support

ICT Directorate, Bureau of Finance and Economic Development (BoFED)

Hawassa, Ethiopia