[PVE-User] Single BPS for multiple PVE lead to namespace conflict

Jan Brand jan+pve at brand-web.net
Sat Jan 9 23:36:25 CET 2021

Hi Martin,

you can create multiple datastores on one zpool, just create an
additional zfs dataset and configure the second pbs datastore on it.
This way all data is stored on the same RAIDZ array, if this is your
intention.
If you want use the deduplication feature of pbs across backups of
multiple clusters, I have to disappoint you. Afaik the deduplication is
per datastore.

Another "solution" would be to manually avoid overlapping VMIDs, but
this would be error-prone and means a lot of work in an existing
environment.
I would create one backup datastore per cluster and call it a day.

Best regards,

Jan