[PVE-User] Update to ZFS 2 available – breaks dependencies

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:50:03 CET 2021

Am 24.02.21 um 11:11 schrieb Stoiko Ivanov:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 10:56:49 +0100
> Uwe Sauter <uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since yesterday, 2021-02-23, updates for ZFS 2.0.3 are available.
>> Currently my systems have 0.8.5 installed. When trying to update using aptitude I get a popup reading:
>>
>> ###################
>> Some packages were broken and have been fixed:
>>
>> Keep the following packages at their current version:
>> libnvpair2linux [Not Installed]
>> libuutil2linux [Not Installed]
>> libzfs3linux [Not Installed]
>> libzpool3linux [Not Installed]
>> zfs-initramfs [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
>> zfs-zed [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
>> zfsutils-linux [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
>> ###################
> With ZFS 2.0.0 most shipped libraries got bumped to new major versions
> (and new package names)
> e.g.
> libnvpair1linux -> libnvpair2linux
>
> usually this gets resolved correctly (and worked here on many systems)
> by running `apt full-upgrade` (instead of `apt upgrade`)
>
> It has been a while since I worked with `aptitude` - but did you
> run `aptitude full-upgrade`?
>
> else - does it work if you upgrade using `apt full-upgrade`?

################################

# apt update
Hit:1 http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/debian buster InRelease
Hit:2 http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/debian buster-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:4 http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/debian buster-backports InRelease
Hit:5 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/ceph-octopus buster InRelease
Hit:6 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
15 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

# aptitude full-upgrade
  libnvpair2linux{ab} libuutil2linux{ab} libzfs3linux{ab} libzpool3linux{ab}
pve-headers-5.4.98-1-pve{a}
  pve-kernel-5.4.98-1-pve{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  pve-headers-5.4.78-2-pve{u}
  libproxmox-backup-qemu0 libpve-common-perl libpve-guest-common-perl libpve-storage-perl
pve-container pve-firmware
  pve-headers-5.4 pve-kernel-5.4 pve-kernel-helper pve-manager pve-qemu-kvm spl zfs-initramfs
zfs-zed zfsutils-linux
15 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/159 MB of archives. After unpacking 296 MB will be used.
 libzfs3linux : Breaks: libzfs2linux but 0.8.5-pve1 is installed
 libzpool3linux : Breaks: libzpool2linux but 0.8.5-pve1 is installed
 libnvpair2linux : Breaks: libnvpair1linux but 0.8.5-pve1 is installed
 libuutil2linux : Breaks: libuutil1linux but 0.8.5-pve1 is installed

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     libnvpair2linux [Not Installed]
2)     libuutil2linux [Not Installed]
3)     libzfs3linux [Not Installed]
4)     libzpool3linux [Not Installed]
5)     zfs-initramfs [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
6)     zfs-zed [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
7)     zfsutils-linux [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

Looks like I'm not getting the same updates as you do. I'll wait a few days and check back.

Thanks,

	Uwe