[PVE-User] Update to ZFS 2 available – breaks dependencies

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Wed Feb 24 11:11:40 CET 2021

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 10:56:49 +0100
Uwe Sauter <uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since yesterday, 2021-02-23, updates for ZFS 2.0.3 are available.
> Currently my systems have 0.8.5 installed. When trying to update using aptitude I get a popup reading:
>
> ###################
> Some packages were broken and have been fixed:
>
> Keep the following packages at their current version:
> libnvpair2linux [Not Installed]
> libuutil2linux [Not Installed]
> libzfs3linux [Not Installed]
> libzpool3linux [Not Installed]
> zfs-initramfs [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
> zfs-zed [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
> zfsutils-linux [0.8.5-pve1 (now, stable)]
> ###################
With ZFS 2.0.0 most shipped libraries got bumped to new major versions
(and new package names)
e.g.
libnvpair1linux -> libnvpair2linux

usually this gets resolved correctly (and worked here on many systems)
by running `apt full-upgrade` (instead of `apt upgrade`)

It has been a while since I worked with `aptitude` - but did you
run `aptitude full-upgrade`?

else - does it work if you upgrade using `apt full-upgrade`?

I hope this helps!
Regards,
stoiko