[PVE-User] Multi Data Center Cluster or Not

alexandre derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Apr 28 04:03:19 CEST 2021

Hi,

If you want same cluster on multiple datacenter, you really need low
latency (for proxmox && storage), and at least 3 datacenters to keep
quorum.

if you need a 2dc datacenter, with 1 primary && 1 backup as disaster
recovery

you could manually replicate a zfs or ceph storage to the backup dc
(with snapshot export/import), or other storage replication feature if
you have a san like netapp for example and do an rsync of /etc/pve.