[PVE-User] PBS backups on files

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Thu Apr 22 11:22:07 CEST 2021

Il 20/04/21 21:07, Dietmar Maurer ha scritto:
>> Since a removable disk is generally a simple and cheap solution for
>> off-site backups, is there any possibility to extend this feature to
>> save data on an ordinary file?
>
> Sync to a removable disk is unrelated to tape backup.

They seemed similar to me, because a tape is still a device file, so I
thinked that just writing the same content into a standard file will do
the job.

> But we have plans to support that also in the future...

That's a good news.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6