[PVE-User] Edit: Boot Order mask

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Wed Apr 14 18:15:29 CEST 2021

Le 14/04/2021 à 09:37, Piviul a écrit :
> I Alain, first of all thank you very much indeed to you and to all
> people answered this thread. I reply your message but the infos here
> should answer even the infos asked from Alwin...
>
> I send directly the output differences from the command pveversion
> with -v flag because all three nodes show the same
> "pve-manager/6.3-6/2184247e (running kernel: 5.4.106-1-pve)" version.
>
> So I have launched the following command in all three nodes:
>
> # pveversion -v > pveversion.$(hostname)
>
> obtaining 3 differents files and I've done the diff between the first
> two files (referring to pve01 and pve02) and as expected there is no
> difference:
>
> $ diff pveversion.pve0{1,2}
>
> Then I have done the diff between the first and the third node and
> this is the result:
>
> $ diff pveversion.pve0{1,3}
> 5d4
> < pve-kernel-5.3: 6.1-6
> 8,9c7
> < pve-kernel-5.3.18-3-pve: 5.3.18-3
> < pve-kernel-5.3.10-1-pve: 5.3.10-1
> ---
> > pve-kernel-5.4.34-1-pve: 5.4.34-2
>
> there are some little differences yes but in kernel that are not in
> use any more (in all 3 nodes uname -r shows 5.4.106-1-pve)...
>
> Attached you can find all three files hoping the system doesn't cut them.
>
> Please can I ask you if you have a 6.3 node in your installations that
> was previously in 6.2 version (i.e. not installed directly in 6.3
> version)? Can you tell me if the "Boot order" musk is the one with
> only combo boxes or the more evoluted drag and drop musk?

Hi Piviul,

I don't think only a difference in kernel could explain this difference
in the web interface, if the other packages are the same. Did you try to
clear the cache in your web browsers ?

The attached files are indeed there. I looked at the versions, and all
three appears up to date, so for me, the only origin that I can suppose
could be the browser cache.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)