[PVE-User] New Mobile App

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Sep 24 10:23:36 CEST 2020

Hi,

El 24/9/20 a las 8:09, Thomas Lamprecht escribió:
> On 23.09.20 20:22, Gianni Milo wrote:
>> Do you have any future plans to have this ported into Apple Appstore as
>> well?
>>
> Thanks to using Flutter we would not even have to port it, it would compile
> as is, to a native App build - albeit currently with material, not native
> iOS, theme.
>
> The issues are more legal ones, aGPL as GPL apps are not exactly conform
> with the Apple store's terms of service[0].
>
> Possible we could go a route like the mosh project and add a specific waiver
> for iOS[1], but I'm not the one deciding that alone and also not the biggest
> fan of such things either.
>
> Rather, I'd like to add the App in more free repositories, like F-Droid, but
> something like that does not exists for Apple platform neither, IIRC.
>
> We will evaluate it more closely in the future, and if there's a reasonable way
> which also honors the open source commitment of ours, we will make a release on
> any Platform possible.

I'm so delighted to read this from a comercial company we work with.

I know this kind of choices are hard to make, keeping honest principles
against market pressure.

Thanks a lot for being a lamp lighting the path to the future of IT and
society.

Sincerely,

--
Eneko Lacunza                   | Tel.  943 569 206
                                 | Email elacunza at binovo.es
Director Técnico                | Site. https://www.binovo.es
BINOVO IT HUMAN PROJECT S.L     | Dir.  Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun