[PVE-User] New Mobile App

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Sep 24 08:09:21 CEST 2020

On 23.09.20 20:22, Gianni Milo wrote:
> Do you have any future plans to have this ported into Apple Appstore as
> well?

Thanks to using Flutter we would not even have to port it, it would compile
as is, to a native App build - albeit currently with material, not native
iOS, theme.

The issues are more legal ones, aGPL as GPL apps are not exactly conform
with the Apple store's terms of service[0].

Possible we could go a route like the mosh project and add a specific waiver
for iOS[1], but I'm not the one deciding that alone and also not the biggest
fan of such things either.

Rather, I'd like to add the App in more free repositories, like F-Droid, but
something like that does not exists for Apple platform neither, IIRC.

We will evaluate it more closely in the future, and if there's a reasonable way
which also honors the open source commitment of ours, we will make a release on
any Platform possible.

cheers,
Thomas

[0]: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement