[PVE-User] PX 6.3 - VM Shutdown hanging

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:42:43 CET 2020

This started happening when I updated to 6.3, but I also updated to
Nautilus 14.2.15, so could be related to that. Also still happening with
Octopus.

When I shut down a windows VM it never reaches a a stopped state - hangs
on the running status.

  * VM Console is just black.
  * The context menu for the VM only has start enabled, stop is
    disabled, I have to use "qm stop <id>" to terminate it.
  * The VM icon is light gray with no green running arrow, but not fully
    grayed.
  * CPU cycles around 0% - 0.2%
  * Windows 10 VM's fully up[dated
  * VIRTIO SCSI bus
  * qemu tools etc installed

This happens whether I shut the VM down using its windows menu or invoke
it externally

--
Lindsay