[PVE-User] Proxmox 6.3 - Upgrade Ceph Nautilus to Octopus

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 04:17:02 CET 2020

Just performed this as per the instructions:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Nautilus_to_Octopus

Went flawlessly, no problems. Small 5 node cluster, took about 30 min
with me obsessively checking ever step.

I did shut down all non-essential VM's first.

Because I like to live on the edge, I did it remotely :) With the router
and VPN (pfSense) virtualised on the promox cluster I was upgrading no
less :)

I also enabled the autoscaller - had proiblems with it in Nautilus, so
it was set to warn. Now its slowly decreasing my pool from 512 pgs to
128. Not having any problems with this so far.

--
Lindsay