[PVE-User] Backup broken?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Sun Nov 1 20:48:41 CET 2020

On 01.11.20 14:14, Bernhard Dick wrote:
> I can even reproduce this behaviour by triggering the global Backup job from the web console. If I backup single VMs/Containers from the Host part of the web console it runs fine, however the global job removes also those backups when it is running.

Yes, there was a regression with this when adopting the newer prune "keep-daily",
"keep-weekly", ... logic. It acts quite different internally, but the storage
special case for maxfiles==0 was handled rather implicit, thus this did not
rang any alarm bells. I transformed it to a more explicit logic and we'll
add some more extensive test for this special case, so that it won't happen again.

The fix is packaged in pve-manager version 6.2-15, currently available on pvetest.
You can either add the pvetest repository[0], do `apt update && apt install pve-manager`,
then drop the test repo again, or manually download and install it, with using
`apt install` this still checks if the package is valid (i.e., signed by a trusted
key):

# wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/buster/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-manager_6.2-15_amd64.deb
# apt install ./pve-manager_6.2-15_amd64.deb

thanks for your report!

regards,
Thomas

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories