[PVE-User] Mellanox ConnectX-5 and SR-IOV

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:18:27 CEST 2020

I don't own this hardware too, but was able to compile its kernel modules
(.ko) from its source package which is provided at Mellanox web site.
I used a test PVE (VM) with pve-kernel and pve-headers installed on it.
Then I extracted the   source package (tar.gz) on temp location and
executed install.pl script which took a while to complete.
That produced a couple of kernel modules within
/lib/modules/<kernel_version>/updates/dkms.
 I guess that from that point it's just a case of loading appropriate
modules with modprobe command.

G.