[PVE-User] FC-Luns only local devices?

Hermann pve at hw.wewi.de
Sat Jul 25 18:04:19 CEST 2020

Hello Chris,
(Sorry for not answering to the list, PM was sent erroneously.)

Thank you for the eye-opener.

I managed to configure multipath and can see all the luns and was able
to create physical volumes and so on.
I assume it is correct to configure LVM as shared, because proxmox
itself handles the locking. At least a test with an ubuntu-vm went well.
Only problem was that I could not stop the vm from the GUI, because a
lock could not be aquired.

Could you explain in a short sentence, why you avoid partitioning? I
remember running into difficulties with an image I had created this way
in another setup. I could not change the size when it was necessary an
had to delete and recreate everything, which was quite painful, because
I had to move around a TB of Files.

Have a nice weekend,

Hermann.