[PVE-User] Temporary add a node to a cluster...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Sat Jul 25 14:52:08 CEST 2020

I need to do a P2V 'in place' for a server, and i can use for that a
'test cluster' (two HP Microserver) i own.
But the final result would be two different clusters.

Also, i don't have too much space or time, so my idea is (as just done
before):

1) P2V the server in my test cluster

2) reinstall the server with pve, join to the cluster

3) migrate the VM to the server.

4) 'detach' the cluster, eg, following:

	https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager

 delete from server my test cluster and delete from test cluster my
 server.

But is this way the server will belong to my 'test cluster', and
clusters cannot be renamed, right?

There's some way to 'uncluster' a server?

Thanks.