[PVE-User] Problem with Centos 5.X virtio ethernet drivers and last PVE updates

Roland devzero at web.de
Thu Jul 23 12:11:19 CEST 2020

i see that my centos 5.11 VM should have support for virtio (see below)
and according to https://access.redhat.com/articles/2488201 rhel/centos
supports this since 5.3.

so if virtio worked before a proxmox update,  then i would call this a
regression.

can you tell which proxmox version worked for you with virtio ?

i tested centos 5.11 installer on my older pve 6.0-4 (5.0.15-1-pve
kernel) , but it does not find virtual disks.

roland

[root at hr-neu ~]# uname -aLinux hr-neu 2.6.18-398.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 16
20:50:52 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[root at centos5 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.11 (Final)
[root at centos5 ~]# rpm -q kernel --changelog|grep virtio|grep 446214
- [xen] virtio: include headers in kernel-headers package (Eduardo
Pereira Habkost ) [446214]
- [xen] virtio: add PV network and block drivers for KVM (Mark
McLoughlin ) [446214]