[PVE-User] Problem with Centos 5.X virtio ethernet drivers and last PVE updates

Thu Jul 23 10:22:53 CEST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 11:06:27 +0200
Michael Rasmussen via pve-user <pve-user at lists.proxmox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:41:54 +0200
> richard lucassen <mailinglists at lucassen.org> wrote:
>
> > network. There is definitly something wrong somewhere.
> >
> The only thing wrong here is that you a running a version of
> RHEL/CentOS which is in maintenance support 2. This means there will
> be no more updates except critical bugs. As of March 31, 2017 it is
> considered in deep freeze!

I know. But sometimes you need to keep an old version and a good way to
handle this is to run such an old version in a virtual environment.
A vhost supplies virtual hardware and apparently this virtual hardware
has changed. This is not A Good Thing IMHO.

It runs well under subversion 27 of the pve kernel but has stopped
under version 30. So I think this is a bug as I do not expect design
changes between subversion 27 and 30.

R.

--
richard lucassen