[PVE-User] Proxmox Backup Server (beta)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jul 14 16:30:45 CEST 2020

Hi,

I don't have tested it yet and read the full docs,

but it is possible to do ceph to ceph backup with ceph snapshots (instead qemu bitmap tracking)?

Currently in production, we are backuping like that, with incremental snapshot,

we keep X snapshots on ceph backup storage by vm, and production ceph cluster only keep the last snasphot.

The main advantage, is that we are only doing a full backup once, then incremental backups forever.
(and we have checkum verifications,encryption,...) on ceph backup

We can restore full block volume, but also selected files with mounting the volume with nbd.