[PVE-User] Proxmox Backup Server (beta)

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Jul 10 13:56:03 CEST 2020

Hi Dietmar,

El 10/7/20 a las 13:45, Dietmar Maurer escribió:

>> Given we usually perform PVE backups to a NFS server (in a PVE cluster
>> node or standalone NAS), do you think it would make sense to setup PBS
>> in a VM, with storage on a NFS server?
> I guess you can do that, but you may not get maximal performance this way.
>
> Especially if you put the data on NFS, you can end up sending
> everything twice over the network ...

That's a good point to consider, although reusing existing
infrastructure and/or not needing a fourth server could outweight it for
small clusters, specially considering the bandwith savings due to
incremental VM backups versus current PVE full backups.

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--
Eneko Lacunza                   | Tel.  943 569 206
                                 | Email elacunza at binovo.es
Director Técnico                | Site. https://www.binovo.es
BINOVO IT HUMAN PROJECT S.L     | Dir.  Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun