[PVE-User] setting storage layout at install time

Leandro Roggerone leandro at tecnetmza.com.ar
Tue Feb 25 18:15:07 CET 2020

Hi guys, Im trying to get my pve ready for use.
I want to create following layout on mi 5TB drive):
1T for LVM data
1T For LVM-thin.
3T Remaining for future partitioning.
So at the hard disk options on the installer I chose :
hdsize 2000 (GB).
swapsize (left blank).
maxroot (left blank).
min free: 1000
maxxvz:1000.

After install process finished and access to web gui I have:
pve
      local(pve)          Usage   1.76% (1.66 GiB of 93.99 GiB)
  (this is not OK).
      local-lvm (pve)  Usage 0.00% (0 B of 877.59 GiB)      (this is very
close to 1Tb .. so its ok).

Question is , how should I set hard disk options during installation
process to accomplish wanted layout ?
Regards,
Leandro.