[PVE-User] LVM over ISCSI issue

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:25:27 CEST 2020

>> qemu-img: error while writing at byte 14827520: Input/output error
>> TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: copy failed: command
'/usr/bin/qemu-img convert -p -n -f raw -O raw
/mnt/pve/nas02nfs/images/2014/vm-2014-disk-0.raw
/dev/vg_nas02/vm-2014-disk-0' failed: exit code 1

Looks like you are trying to clone an existing VM stored on the NFS server
to the iSCSI target. Problem is that both the NFS server and iSCSI target
are served by the same machine, so my best guess is that the I/O on the
storage server is getting saturated. Have you tried creating a new VM on
iSCSI instead ? Can you also try setting bandwidth limits at "Datacenter ->
Options -> Bandwidth Limits" and then retry cloning operation ?

>>kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 1762240503 op
0x9:(WRITE_ZEROES) flags 0x0 phys_seg 0 prio class 0

Is this on the storage server or the PVE host ? What does /dev/sdb
represent in this case ? if it's a hard drive, it looks like it's having
some hw issues ? Better to test with smartctl if that's the case.

Y.