[PVE-User] cpus assign when creating vm or ct.

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:28:41 CEST 2020

People are usually using more than one VM/CT per host, so allocating less
cpu cores and ram per VM/CT than the host can support it's considered a
"normal" thing to do.
On the other hand if you plan using just one VM/CT on a single host,
nothing is preventing you from allocating all cpu cores and ram that the
host supports on that single VM/CT.
Over provisioning (using more than host can support) cpu cores and ram may
also work as soon as you don't utilise all VMs at the same time. Depending
on the workload requirements of each VM you may have to allocate a specific
number of cpu cores and ram per VM depending on their specific needs.

G.