[PVE-User] Ris: Ceph MON quorum problem

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Mon Sep 16 16:02:39 CEST 2019

Answer following:

----- Il 16-set-19, alle 14:49, Ronny Aasen ronny+pve-user at aasen.cx ha scritto:

> with 2 rooms there is no way to avoid a split brain situation unless you
> have a tie breaker outside one of those 2 rooms.
>
> Run a Mon on a neutral third location is the quick, correct, and simple
> solution.
>
> Or
>
> you need to have a master-slave situation where one room is the master
> (3 mons) and the other room is the slave (2 mons) and the slave can not
> operate without the master, but the master can operate alone.

Yes, I need a master-slave situation, but I need to have the slave running in case of master's fault.
So, if a have a total of 3 mons (2 on master, 1 on slave), if I loose the master, I have only 1 mon available, and i need to create another mon (but i can't create it because I have no quorum).

I know that for now, the only solution is a third room.

Thanks, Fabrizio